FemmeFatale wrote:
> > > First off:
> > >
> > > Can't seem to run KDE LICQ from the KDE Start menu.  Haven't tried it from
> > > a term yet so I don't know the error.
> > >

> > > FemmeFatale
> > >
> >*****************************************************************
> >Hi Femme, as to your KDE LICQ issue, check to see if you have the
> >licq-kde-1.2.0a-4mdk plugin installed. If I recall I had the same issue
> >till I installed that plugin.
> >
> >HTH. :-)
> >
> >--Angus
> >

> Thx, if its on the CD i'll look for it.  Hopefully I can find it easily if
> its not already installed.  Do I just install it like any rpm then?
>
> -------------
> FemmeFatale

Femme, it's on the cd's for 9.0, but I'm not sure if you are using 8.2 or 9.0. I'm
sorry I assumed you were using 9.0.
Yes it just has to be installed w/o any special config'ing.

Gaim will work with the following protocols: AIM, ICQ, YAHOO, MSN, IRC, JABBER,
NAPSTER, ZEPHYR, GADU-GADU.
I use Gaim 0.59.1 that comes with 9.0 for MSN, YAHOO, & ICQ.

Stephen's suggestion of KOPETE sounds interesting in that it integrates better with
KDE. I use Gaim with KDE though and it works great.

HTH. All the best to you. :-)

--Angus

How do you destroy a righteous person? Give him or her one follower! --ancient
Cherokee saying (fr. "Earth Medicine" by Jamie Sams)