On Sunday 15 December 2002 03:50 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 14 Dec 2002 11:21 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > Ok, sorry, like I said I was behind on the thread. What linux wants is
> > the static IP of your computer the gateway address whether it is your
> > gateway or the IPs gateway and the IPs DNS addresses.  So if you set up
> > your internal computer with a 192.168.0.x type address then you should
> > point it at the IP address such as 68.96.13.xxx and give it the IPs
> > primary and secondary DNS numbers. Not real clear but the best
> > explanation I can give. If you have that kind of configuration then I am
> > at a loss as to the problem.
>
> Perhaps it's worth giving us your configuration for the dhcp connection?
> We may be able to track the problem down from that.
>
> Anne
Here is etc/resolve.conf

-- nameserver 68.13.16.30
nameserver 68.9.16.30
search om.cox.net
 Those are the DNS IPs from my service provider  Cox  Cable as you can see.
My router/firewall has an internal LAN address of 192.168.0.6 but an external
address given as static by the Service Provider of 68.96.17.xxx. So I set the
gateway on my workstation as 192.168.0.6 and set for dhcp .  The
firewall/router then provides the passthrough the internet and the DHCP
addresses. I do this with the MCC and don't know which config file the info
might be in to show in an orderly manner.  Somebody give me a hint, cause I
am a gui kind of guy and the 10 zillion files are not real familiar to me.
HTH
Dennis M.  linux user # 180842