On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 19:04, Andrei Raevsky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After an amazing 12-hours (!) download on my slow connection, I finally got
> my hands on the new StarOffice RPMs. I downloaded the following ones:
>
> 1) staroffice-common-6.0-5mdk.i586.rpm
> 2) staroffice-en-6.0-5mdk.i586.rpm
> 3) adabas_en-6.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
>
> I understand that the first one is a common module, the second one a
> language-dependent module, and the third one a database.
>
> Now, in what order should I install these?
>
> Is there any special syntax or would a
>
> "rpm -ivh nameofthepackage.rpm" do?
>
> Last but not least, I have OpenOffice 1 installed and running on my computer
> (Mandrake 9). Is the installation of the "related" StarOffice going to cause
> me any problems, or can they both run side by side without any problems.
>
> And I suppose that any StarOffice installation has to be done as "root"
> right?
>
> Thanks for your help. I don't have access to any Mandrake CDs and my
> connection being slow, crashing my system would be a major problem so I
> rather be just a little paranoid and ask for your advice.
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Andrei

If you have them in the same directory by themselves, you can just cd to
that directory and type "urpmi *" (as root, no quotes). They won't
interfere with OpenOffice at all and to be honest, I can't see any great
advantage to StarOffice. Though, presumably, you are a "silver" club
member as well, so you might as well have them!

David

--
"The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's
unfamiliar