Hi David,

Thanks for the info, but can I also UNINSTALL StarOffice if I don't like it with an urpmi command? I want to try it out only because I have the opportunity, that's it. My silver membership was a way to say "thanks" to Mandrake for their fantastic work - not a way of getting StarOffice. Actually, I am very impressed and happy with OpenOffice already and I could live for it for a while.

But, hey, since I could I wanted to try it out - see how similar/different they really are.

Anyaway, is "urpmi.removemedia" safe in case I want to get rid of it? It will not remove dependencies used by my OpenOffice?

Cheers,

Andrei

Linux-Mandrake 9 (Dolphin)
Mandrake Club Silver Member
Registered Linux user: 226850
Registered Linux computer: 183163

If you have them in the same directory by themselves, you can just cd to
that directory and type "urpmi *" (as root, no quotes). They won't
interfere with OpenOffice at all and to be honest, I can't see any great
advantage to StarOffice. Though, presumably, you are a "silver" club
member as well, so you might as well have them!

David