On Tuesday 17 December 2002 22:13, Myers, Dennis R NWO wrote:

> Thanks for the info, but can I also UNINSTALL StarOffice if I don't
> like it with an urpmi command?
> Anyaway, is "urpmi.removemedia" safe in case I want to get rid of
> it?  It will not remove dependencies used by my OpenOffice?

urpmi.removemedia will remove download sources, not packages
To remove packages, just use

rpm -e packagename

do this as root and use only the base name of the package, not the
0.0_mdk_1586 junk at the back, ie

rpm -e staroffice

You can specify multiple packages to erase too

see "man rpm" for more detail

--
Michel Clasquin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]