Richard Babcock wrote:
Greetings,
I was just surfing the Wal-Mart site and found them hawking an OS called
Lindows. Anyone know anything about this? It seems they are working hard to
convince neophytes that Windows is good but not that good. I just don't like
the approach and am disappointed in Wal-Mart for taking it.
From what I know of Lindows, it strikes me as the worst of both worlds. I hear it automatically logs you in as root, thus blowing most of the famous Linux security and stability in one fell swoop. Google around and you'll find plenty of reviews.

Sir Robin

--
"You almost never hear that word "computer" anymore, do you?
They're part of everything now. They used to be boxes with

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Üniversitesi
Ankara