You are forgetting the w2k crowd that understand user permissions.
Lindow seems a bit annoying to me at least Xandros is based on corel which with all its problem didn't try to be windows.

Aaron

--On Monday, December 23, 2002 01:10:52 PM +0000 Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Friday 23 Dec 2022 1:09 pm, robin wrote:
Richard Babcock wrote:
> Greetings,
> I was just surfing the Wal-Mart site and found them hawking an OS
> called Lindows. Anyone know anything about this? It seems they are
> working hard to convince neophytes that Windows is good but not that
> good. I just don't like the approach and am disappointed in Wal-Mart
> for taking it.

 From what I know of Lindows, it strikes me as the worst of both worlds.
  I hear it automatically logs you in as root, thus blowing most of the
famous Linux security and stability in one fell swoop.
That should make windows users feel at home :)

Anne

AM in the AM (PM)