On Tuesday 24 Dec 2002 2:55 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Did any of you guys have trouble installing transcode?  It seems that this
> is a requirement for dvd::rip and many others but I'm finding that
> transcode has a lot of requirements that aren't on my system.  I'm looking
> at installing like 20 diffenent things here or maybe more.  Is there an
> easier way?
>
> There ought to be a way to tell the installer to go get whatever it thinks
> it needs and then install everything.

There is.
It is called urpmi, and I post almost daily telling people how to use it.

In your case all you need to do is visit http://plf.zarb.org/  Follow the
instructions on the front page to 'urpmize your system' and then type

urpmi transcode

And as if by magic all RPMs necessarywill be installed automatically.

Warning: Most of the plf servers are quite slow, so be prepared for a long
download.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net