On December 24, 2002 07:28 am, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> OK, so far there is an incredible number of volunteers.  Most of the
> crew here seems to be US, and we don't have anybody for Australia yet.
Inter-lined comments.

> UNITED KINGDOM
>  Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> CANADA
> Ingo Bauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sign me up! Add me here. City in signature for convenience.

> UNITED STATES
> Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             -- Lower Atlantic Seaboard
> Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- Midwest US
> Lyvim Xaphir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      -- Upper Atlantic Seaboard
>
> What exactly is left of the crashtest team?  How was it organized?  What
> was the format for the bug reports?  How do we integrate the crash
> burners with the crashtesters?
>
> Is it too early to be thinking about this? Should the question really
> be, where's the money?  Should we concentrate on raising fundage for
> Mandrake from Lugs and christmas presents first?  Would praying help?

Quite frankly I won't even go to a meeting of my local Lug. Or be subscribed
to their mailing list again. Too insular, too clannish, too much kaffee
klatsch/tea party/debating society, too many Liberal (a Party here) political
opinions. Far too much of "We can't do that (install-fests or anything else
it seems) 'cause we'd be _liable!_" From reading the traffic on their mailing
list I felt they were all convinced they were "special people" and couldn't
be bothered with 'lowly newbies.'

I'll just keep supporting Mandrake to the limit of what I can afford; buying
what I can, and shaming friends into subscribing and proselytizing as well.
Instead of letting them keep their "but it's free!" delusions. :-)

> Where's the beef?  Can somebody else weigh in on this?  Darklord?
> Civileme?
>
> LX

Just in case you couldn't tell I think this is a great idea.

Regards;
--
Charlie
Edmonton,AB,Canada