On Wed, 2002-12-25 at 06:58, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-12-25 at 01:28, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> > OK, so far there is an incredible number of volunteers.  Most of the
> > crew here seems to be US, and we don't have anybody for Australia yet.
>
> I've only got a 56k connection, and have personal clients to support as
> well as help out the wife with her biz AND take care of kiddies (it's
> our summer here, so summer holidays is in full swing) - aside from all
> the general work, ya know, we have to constantly chase the 'roos and
> wombats outta the backyard, and the horses and carriage need tending-to
> as well...(g)
>
> But if I DID have a broadband connection, I might...(anyone wanna buy me
> an ADSL setup for Christmas?)

I have broadband (512 ADSL), but only a 1GB / month quota.  What we need
is someone preferably with cable and a bigger quota.  I'll put this on
the luv list (Linux Users Victoria) and see if we can extract a
volunteer with the appropriate resources that way.  I see lots of
posters there who use mdk, but don't appear on newbie.  BTW, Victoria is
that bit of Australia at the bottom right.

Merry Christmas!

Brian