I'm just wondering, if I could see a show of "hands" so to speak - how many
SCSI users have actually gotten their setups to work with Mandrake 9.0
(download edition).

I have an Adaptec 2930 PCI card with: Toshiba DVD, Plextor CDRW, and an Astra
Umax scanner.

If you do actually have it working, can you please post what card/setup and
if you had to do anything special to get it to work

I'm finding it impossible here; installs fine, locks up so hard the caps (and
others) key won't work on the keyboard and requires a manual reset/power
off/on.

Locks up at "finding module dependencies"

My gut instinct is that if I yanked the SCSI setup, inserted a bare IDE CDROM
that it would install fine. (has installed just perfectly on 2 other IDE
based comps here).

This same setup works *rock-solid* with v8.2 of Mandrake.

Thanks everyone.

--

                                                                          /\
                                                                  Dark< >Lord