On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 22:13, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

> I'm just wondering, if I could see a show of "hands" so to speak - how many
> SCSI users have actually gotten their setups to work with Mandrake 9.0
> (download edition).
>
> I have an Adaptec 2930 PCI card with: Toshiba DVD, Plextor CDRW, and an Astra
> Umax scanner.

I've been planning to do a test install here on my primary workstation,
which has an Adaptec 3940U dual channel SCSI host adapter, Pioneer SCSI
CDROM, IDE Toshiba DVD-CDRW Combo, KT7-Raid mobo.  Also has an Iomega
Zip on the SCSI bus.  Two Deskstars are running off of the RAID buses.
Would that be interesting to you?

> If you do actually have it working, can you please post what card/setup and
> if you had to do anything special to get it to work

Are your boot drives SCSI or IDE. ?

> I'm finding it impossible here; installs fine, locks up so hard the caps (and
> others) key won't work on the keyboard and requires a manual reset/power
> off/on.
>
> Locks up at "finding module dependencies"
>
> My gut instinct is that if I yanked the SCSI setup, inserted a bare IDE CDROM
> that it would install fine. (has installed just perfectly on 2 other IDE
> based comps here).

Have you tried disconnecting all devices from the SCSI host adapter, and
then installing?  I'm assuming here that your boot drive is IDE.

> This same setup works *rock-solid* with v8.2 of Mandrake.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> --
>
>                                                                           /\
>                                                                   Dark< >Lord
>                                                                           \/

--LX

--
Kernel  2.4.18-6mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.2