Wait a minute Fellow Newbies!

I thought that one reason we started converting to Linux was to break
away from MS systems and Apps?

If we start putting in requests for MS Apps, MS will bungle up the
beauty of this OS and it's community.  I am not a purist, but in look at
it this way.  If I own a Dodge Ram, I don't want Ford redesigning and
building accessories for my truck, nor do I want them to do any
maintenance on it.

But,  third party mechanics can take a look, and do service on it if
they are qualified and respect my property.  They'll have warrantee
liscensing to be qualified, to ensure the customer satisfaction and
protection.

MS was to OS's and computers as Henry Ford was to cars.  Big Bad Bill
setup the mass production and implementation but Ford does not have the
most dependable vehicles, nor were they the inventors - BENZ has a
product that is fast and decades durable and dependable and the
engineering is out reach for Ford to impliment in there vehicles.

There were hybrid vehicle corporations out there that died -
AMC=Ford+GMC,  they couldn't even take the best of both to do it.  So
CHRYSLER had a mind to buy it up and revamp it.  They had the brains for
marketing and technology to do it.

DOes Linux have the edge to do something like this to MS?, we'll only
see in the decade ahead.

Sorry for the deep philosophy...
Regards,
Sean