On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 19:05, erylon hines wrote:
<snip previous-reply>
    It is o.k. to use diskdrake IF the W2k partition is FAT.  If it is NTFS you
    shouldn't try it.  Partition Magic will work, but it will only do ext2, and
    be careful--it can mess up your partition table (for sure--it has happened to
    me).  Never use Partition Magic and then allow DiskDrake to change any
    partiton sizing, do any formatting, etc.  If you use Part Magic, do
    everything with it, including assigning the /, swap and /home.  Then just
    point DiskDrake at the pre-made partitions during the install.
</snip>

Why is that? I've used PM for years with my Linux installs, and all I do
is resize the FAT32/NTFS partition(s), and then create the *nix
partitions with the DiskDrake, cfdisk, et al.  Never had a problem with
it.  The *onl* PM problems I've ever encountered was when I was running
XP, and ran the program from inside XP, and it rebooted to do the actual
resizing.. but if I use the rescue disks to do the resizing, I never
have a problem.

 --
Chuck