Many applications save information in hidden files or folders in your ~
(home) directory.  KDE applications will generally put their files in
~/.kde/share/config/

To view hidden files in konqueror just select View>ShowHidden

~/.kde/Autostart  contains scripts and applications to be run when you start
KDE  This is *not* where save sessions stores its info. It is a separate
feature. To make an application run at start using Autostart, make a 'Link to
application' by right clicking on the desktop and selecting 'new', and then
drag and drop the link created into the ~.kde/Autostart directory.

I am not sure where the 'save session' info is stored I would expect it to be
~/.kde/share/config/session  but I see stuff in there which is not present on
my desktop.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net