I have a win2k machine that triple-boots (win2k, win98 and Linux 9.0). Since
most of my work so far has been devoted to getting all my work done in win2k
(I know, let's not go there), I have been quite happy with the booting
arrangement.

I know want to be able to call the Windows OSs on demand, and stay in Linux
primarily (in part because my backend database is Oracle and I don't have
all my ducks in a row to migrate the data, and also because I'm a glutton
for punishment).

The question is, has anyone had any luck in getting VMware to work on the
9.0 platfor, and been able to configure the raw diskspace right? I can't
seem to get the bloody thing to work; shouldn't be surprised, using VMware
on a "new" OS and ask for it to handle a preexisting NTFS diskspace right.

I'm also having issues problems installing either 9.0 or 8.2 on an older
system (AMD k6 200, DFI motherboard), I get (mainly):

an err=1, invalid compression format (IIRC) with 9.0.

And with 8.2 the installer actually gets started but I get an error
recognizing the disk partitions (IBM DTTA 351010) at the time of creating
the partitions. I've just low level formatted the drive, formated it agains
with fdisk and installed dos 6.22 (imagine that).

Ah, fresh news even as I type, now I get a different error installing 8.2...
Error in Exec of stage 2 FATAL ERROR IN STAGE1: not a directory. Starting to
question the CDROM drive...

Help and ideas most welcome!

A. Contreras
My C&R website: