On Sunday 05 Jan 2003 2:50 pm, Jerry wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:26:02 +0000
>
> Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 Jan 2003 12:23 pm, Jerry wrote:
> > > My whole outlook on computers is that if you don't know how they work,
> > > you shouldn't own one, plain and simple, until you LEARN.
> >
> > So do you own a car?  Can you pull it apart to the last screw/rivit and
> > re-build it?  Can you diagnose every smallest unusual sound?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Now i didn't mean know everything .. and my wording didn't come out quite
> like i meant... but I'll give you a point for it, ya got me.  sorry i've
> been up all night fixing someone else's computers again and im a little
> aggrevated. LOL.  (I should have said WAS... that was more what i meant.
> We Sagittarians tend to speak before wholly thinking something out :-P).
> As I was trying to explain further on (unsuccessfully, i guess) is that
> I've more patience now with ppl who don't understand which i didn't before.
>  As for a direct answer to the question posed, I understand enough about
> one to know how it works, which is what I meant about computers.  But what
> the heck... i'm a good sport. :-)  Anne 1 Jerry 0 LOL. take care.
>
> Jerry.

I understand what you mean, Jerry.  It's so frustrating when someone asks for
help over the phone, you say open Explorer, they say What do you mean?  And
yes, you get fed up with being responsible for fixing hardware that is
getting less and less reliable with age, and you wouldn't even attempt what
they were asking if it were yours.

Just save your sanity - for some people it is merely a tool, and they just
want it to work like an electric kettle.  The fact that it's more complicated
is not relevant to them.  One said to me, I don't have to understand the
physics involved to use a hammer, and that's just about it.

For some of us, understanding more is an obsession, for others it's a
time-waster.

Anne