On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 21:16, ivette brusselmans wrote:
> I have two remote boxes, both WIN98 SE. I put both window-settings on 16
> bits, but that didn't help.
> Didn't have this problem with MDK 8.2.
>

> Thanks

Well this is rather strange. I'm using the Bell Labs VNC (the real one)
on Windows machines and a Mac and I've only set the default options on
all (except for the password) and have no problems in connecting other
than it momentarily disables the remote computers' wallpaper.

I have not changed the resolutions nor the color depth settings on any
of the machines, nor do I change the settings on customers machines -
and with my setup, I have done literally nothing special with VNC other
than to use it.

Have you made any modifications to the VNC default settings on the linux
box?

--
Tue Jan  7 07:55:00 EST 2003
  7:55am  up 2 days, 11:03,  6 users,  load average: 0.54, 0.35, 0.35

kuhn media australia - kma.0catch.com
stephen kuhn - katherine kuhn - berkeley, nsw, au
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
icq: 5483808 - mobile: 0410-728-389
-PC/Mac/Linux/Consulting/eMarketing-
 * linux user: 267497 * rh 7.3+ *
Doing gets it done.