On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 00:32, ivette brusselmans wrote:
> Still having VNC problems!
>
> MDK 9.0
>
> when I type vncviewer in terminal and give the IPaddress of the remote box I
> want to administer, I get the message
> "VNC server default format:
> 16 bits per pixel.
> Least significant byte first in each pixel
> True colour: mas red 31 green 63 blue 31, shift red 11 green 5 blue 0
> Can't cope with 24 bits-per-pixel. Sorry."
>
> When I used MDK 8.2 I didn't have this problem. Someone advised me to change
> color from 24 bits to 16 or 32, which I did, to no avail. Keep getting the
> same message about the 24 bits-per-pixel.
>
> Anyone got similar problems and a solution?
>
> Thanx

I ran across this when the other machine wasn't setup properly. Have you
experimented with the remote machine?

What is the OS on the remote machine?

--
Mon Jan  6 09:05:01 EST 2003
  9:05am  up 1 day, 12:13,  6 users,  load average: 0.75, 0.25, 0.21

kuhn media australia - kma.0catch.com
stephen kuhn - katherine kuhn - berkeley, nsw, au
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
icq: 5483808 - mobile: 0410-728-389
-PC/Mac/Linux/Consulting/eMarketing-
 * linux user: 267497 * rh 7.3+ *
The hardest thing is to disguise your feelings when you put a lot of
relatives on the train for home.