On Sunday 05 January 2003 13:32, ivette brusselmans wrote:
> Still having VNC problems!
>
> MDK 9.0
>
> when I type vncviewer in terminal and give the IPaddress of the remote box
> I want to administer, I get the message
> "VNC server default format:
> 16 bits per pixel.
> Least significant byte first in each pixel
> True colour: mas red 31 green 63 blue 31, shift red 11 green 5 blue 0
> Can't cope with 24 bits-per-pixel. Sorry."
>
> When I used MDK 8.2 I didn't have this problem. Someone advised me to
> change color from 24 bits to 16 or 32, which I did, to no avail. Keep
> getting the same message about the 24 bits-per-pixel.
>
> Anyone got similar problems and a solution?
>
> Thanx

Did You try 'tightvnc' instead of the standard Virtual Network Connection that
Mdk offers (it's there for the taking)?
The standard VNC tends to get clunky.
I've dumped VNC altogether, i.e. I've no Winders machines and I certainly
don't want to see their gui's on my Linboxes!
Accessing my linboxes using "ssh -C -X " works great for exporting gui's.
I even play 3d games remotely (though slowly) that way.

I've got 3 (and some neighbour's)kids hogging the main PC cause of the games,
so if I want to access anything (and I mean: anything) immediately, I plug in
my laptop somewhere (usually upstairs -it's quiter) on the network and access
my app's from there. That's when "ssh" is realy coooool, even runnin xine!:o)
Now to find something that can export sound too.

Good luck,
HarM