On Wednesday 08 January 2003 06:16 pm, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

> After a "supermount -i disable" and mounting a floppy through <removable
> devices> I cannot "u(n)mount" the floppy by way of the right-click.
> I get an error message stating it's mounted multiple times.
> On the CML a "umount /mnt/floppy" is needed.
>
> The <cdrom> there ejects and closes again straightaway -good training for
> swift reflexes but not really practical:o)
> again the CML has to come to the rescue!
>
> With supermount enabled it all works fine but frankly I'm never sure
> whether the floppy is really unmounted when I take it out.
>
> Have you never had these symptoms?
>
> Good hunting,
> HarM

Harm, this has always worked for me:

supermount -i disable
delete all icons that are affected
right-click (where you want them) then re-install them, picking the correct
devices

Now -the important part:

mount -a (and if that don't work - reboot)

You'll find that everything works fine then. At least, it does here.

Hope this helps! :-)

--

                                                                 /\
                                                         Dark< >Lord