--

A (not very good) suggestion, Anne.

KMail -> settings -> identity -> signature.

In the signature box, enter something like

This will appear on each message you compose, as a reminder.

All you have to do then, is to remember to delete it before you send the
message. I have no idea how to remind you to do that!!!!

Good try, Keith, but it would take more than that to get my grey cells
working, I think.

BTW, I'm getting a '--' between your quoted text and your reply.  This has the
effect of your reply being treated as a sig, when I hit the reply button, so
the only way I can quote it is to copy it in, which doesn't mark up the tree
properly.  If you can find what's putting it there, it would be better
removed, I think

Anne