On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 15:40, Todd Slater wrote:
> Playing with ROX and Fluxbox on 8.2. I have the pinboard working OK so I
> can have desktop icons (not that I use them). So I spent time today
> looking for icons and just generally customising the look and feel. (See
> http://clevername.homeip.net/gallery/screenshots/2003_01_12_23_26_50?full=1
> if you're curious.)
>
> Problem is, I've invested so much time and effort in getting everything
> just the way I want it, I'm having a hard time convincing myself I should
> move to 9.0 or 9.1!
>
> As has often been repeated on this list, choice is good.
>
> Todd

Now that ya got it the way you like it - too bad ya ain't made an RPM of
the whole schlmeal so that it wouldn't matter what linux distro you had,
you could just run the RPM and have it all again! (Or, offer it to other
unfortunate users so that they might see the light you have found!)

...overall, I think it looks nice - and knowing what little overhead is
spent on both Fluxbox and Rox, well, certainly would make for a nice
package on slower machines...

--
Mon Jan 13 15:50:00 EST 2003
  3:50pm  up 17:36,  5 users,  load average: 0.74, 0.69, 0.60

> : Any porters out there should feel happier knowing that DEC is shipping
> : me an AlphaPC that I intend to try getting linux running on: this will
> : definitely help flush out some of the most flagrant unportable stuff.
> : The Alpha is much more different from the i386 than the 68k stuff is, so
> : it's likely to get most of the stuff fixed.
>
> It's posts like this that almost convince us non-believers that there
> really is a god.
(A follow-up by [EMAIL PROTECTED], Anthony Lovell, to Linus's
remarks about porting)