On January 15, 2003 03:52 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 12:37, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> > I have seen some posting regarding file system support on upcoming 9.1.
> >
> > What is the best file system for the root partition? Ext2, Ext3,
> > ReinserFS, XFS?
> >
> > Adolfo
>
> EXT3 for the root, then you can use whatever you like after that -
> ReiserFS is quite alright, but for large scale file systems, XFS seems
> to be the better handler.

"Keerect" except XFS isn't a usable file system for 9.1beta1. No XFS modules
at all. I'm not certain about ReiserFS, but ext3 is there, however crappy it
runs on my machine. That's why I was using XFS since 8.2 beta; it worked.

It's a beta so I suppose the best method is trial and error to find what works
adequately as I did before I settled on XFS. Besides; I have three (used
under Mandrake) partitions that are roughly 30 GB each and XFS worked the
smoothest for this hardware.

Personally I'll be waiting for beta2.

Or at least another kernel.

Regards;