On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:46 am, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 06:36, _nasturtium wrote:
> > There's a breed of dog you might be interested in...they're called
> > dalmatians. They're black and white which is just right, all you need to
> > do know is genetically engineer them to have orange feet...
> > Hey, wait a minute...your cow coats are actually dalmatian, aren't they?
> > ;-)
> >
> > Besides, I can't afford one. They're in US dollars! :-)
> >
> > _nasturtium
>
> We have doggie coats that are "Dalmation Imitation" - no real Dalmations
> were damaged or drugged in the making of our coats - and yeah, the costs
> are in USD because most of the clients are yanks (talk about Catch-22);
> they like to spend USD in Australia...(g)
>
> ...and if you're in Australia, we have a special pricing plan for you:
> $9.95 USD, 100% down and NO monthly payments! (g)
Hello,
        I'm sorry, but my honor will not allow me to pay in US dollars. Let me
explain why...
        well, a long, long time ago (when most likely you weren't around) AU$ was
actually worth more than US$.
        And for the past 10 years I've watched my savings plummet (part of the
problem is that commbank pays me 0.01% interest - 10 cents for $500 pa).
I'm not going to buy a dog coat until AU$ rises above US$ again (read: never).
        Besides, my school would expel (ok, maybe only a detention) me if I wore a
dog coat to school...
        Aww, only Dalmation Imitation. You're lucky - I was about to ring the RSPCA,
but my modem was taking the phone line... :-)

        Regards,
                _nasturtium