On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 16:11, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> > Another thing that was mentioned on the Evolution email list was that if
> > you do not have proper lib path statements in your /etc/ld.so.conf file,
> > you can get some mucked up problems.
> >
> > You should have:
> >
> > /usr/lib
> > /usr/local/lib
> >
> > in the /etc/ld.so.conf file - if not, add them, then rerun ldconfig to
> > rebuild the lib path cache.
> >
> > Fixed. NEXT!
> LOL
>
> Stephen,
>
> I've been using Evolution for more than 3 months and this is the first
> time that I realize that I don't have those lines in my /etc/ld.so.conf
> but I haven't had any problem at all. What type of problem might I
> expect?

As we've found on the Evo listing, there are heaps of niggling little
problems that can come of this - one being that you loose your folder
settings or sort order - another is loosing passwords - another is
loosing the "Summary" settings - overall, having a proper
/etc/ld.so.conf file is a basic thing - and some programmers don't
necessarily take the time to realise this or make modifications to the
RPM's.

So, by keeping a check on the /etc/ld.so.conf file, you're ensuring that
you WON'T have any problems...Por fin!

--
Sat Jan 18 16:35:00 EST 2003
  4:35pm  up 2 days,  2:18,  3 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.10, 0.16

"You've got a lot of time for abstract thought when you've got your hand
stuck up a dead badger."
(Johnny and the Dead)