Hiya all again,

My webserver is running portsentry, and has, on a daily basis been
blocking and banning all connection attemps from an Australian IP,
running on the connect.com.au network.

-= Reason for the block =-
Port-scanning on port 635

-= What is relevance is Port 635 =-
Name: ADM worm
Aliases: ADM Inet w0rm, Linux.ADM.Worm,
Ports: 21, 23, 37, 53, 70, 79, 109, 110, 111, 113, 143, 513, 514, 635,
31337 Files: Admw0rm-v1.tar.gz - 7,427 bytes Admw0rm.tgz - Admw0rm -
1,725 bytes Gimmeip - 545 bytes Gimmerand.c - 314 bytes Incremental -
765 bytes Named_admv2.c - 5,892 bytes Remotecmd.c - 4,098 bytes
Scanconnect.c - 1,483 bytes Startup - 670 bytes Testvuln.c - 4,299 bytes
Created: May 1998 Requires:
Actions: Worm / Rootkit / Backdoor
Registers:
Notes: Works on Unix (Linux). Affects Linux RedHat 4.0 to 5.2

I'm presuming this is a dial-up system, as there aren't too many Linux
systems running those old versions of Redhat, but it maybe someone's
server or something. My guess is that it's someone on this list trying
to access my webserver http://axljab.homelinux.org:8080/ on a daily
basis, as it's some coincedence that I get 1 block every day from the
same network.

IP: Well, there is no real point in publicising the IP, as every day
it's different (hence the dial-up theory), but in total about 75% of all
my blocks / bans come from the connect.com.au network.

It doesn't bother me, but it may be bothering you as I'm sure my server
won't be the only one blocking/banning all connections from you, so the
better option is to find and get rid of this problem.

Please, if any of you are on this network, and suspect you may be
infected, or are just worried if it's you, contact me (privately), and
we can see if we can find a solution for this.

As to the security breach of this trojan, I'm not sure. But it's not
good anyway, considering it's a trojan ;-)

Look, I may be wrong, as it may be the ISP itself, but before I alert
them, I think you guys concerned should maybe have a browse around and
check it ain't you.

Thanks
Ralph
--
http://tuxpower.f2g.net/
http://axljab.homelinux.org:8080/

"I have opinions of my own, strong opinions,
but I don't always agree with them." - George H. W. Bush