On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 09:23, Angus Auld wrote:
> Greetings, I wonder if someone could explain to me just
> exactly what Kxine is? I know that it says in the description
> that it is a graphic frontend for Xine to integrate into KDE.
> I already had an entry in my KDE menu for Xine, so what
> does Kxine do that Xine can't, in relation to KDE?

It's more a matter of preference for GUI. Sometimes, Gnome style apps
don't play nicely in KDE - and vice versa. Either which, if the current
GUI for Xine works, why change it?

> I installed Kxine, and now I have Xine and Kxine in my menu :-/
> I tried to gain understanding from Kxine's Handbook, but the writers
> are obviously practical jokers or something. (eg. "Kxine is an application
> specially designed to do nothing you would ever want." from Kxine
> Handbook pg. 1)
>
> Any further enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.
> Enquiring minds want to know ;-)

KXine, EXine, QXine, GXine are only front-end wrappers that actually
contain code that allows hackers in North Korea to use "global
processing power" to compute General Kim II's popularity on a worldwide
basis.

--
Sun Jan 19 09:25:00 EST 2003
  9:25am  up 2 days, 19:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.24, 0.14

It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth
have both failed.
                -- Kim Hubbard