Hi,

I think that now I'm starting to delve a bit deeper into using this extraordinary
Linux release however I've encountered a couple of hitches I hope someone can help me
with.

1. I am trying to install some RPM packages I downloaded but I am at a loss as to how
to install them properly. I tried to install a WINE RPM for instance and I think I did
install it but then I could not find the place where Linux installed it. I used the
KRPM application from the KDE desktop. Any help with this and how to locate installed
applications would be appreciated.

2. I have a multi-boot PC with Win98 / XP and Mandrake installed. When I get into
WinXP the time is OK but when I get into XP the time is always 1 hour ahead. Is there
any way to solve this?

3. Also while I'm at it might as well ask :-)... I have a 56K modem which I use with
Mandrake but which takes a very long time to initialize and start dialing...is there a
way to speed up the initialization process and get it to dial out faster?

Thanks to all in advance.

Colin McElhatton AIMIS
email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ#: 3012406