On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 09:09, Colin McElhatton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that now I'm starting to delve a bit deeper into using this extraordinary
>Linux release however I've encountered a couple of hitches I hope someone can help me
>with.
>
> 1. I am trying to install some RPM packages I downloaded but I am at a loss as to
>how to install them properly. I tried to install a WINE RPM for instance and I think
>I did install it but then I could not find the place where Linux installed it. I used
>the KRPM application from the KDE desktop. Any help with this and how to locate
>installed applications would be appreciated.
whereis wine

> 2. I have a multi-boot PC with Win98 / XP and Mandrake installed. When I get into
>WinXP the time is OK but when I get into XP the time is always 1 hour ahead. Is there
>any way to solve this?
Do the three systems have the same time zone setting?

> 3. Also while I'm at it might as well ask :-)... I have a 56K modem which I use with
>Mandrake but which takes a very long time to initialize and start dialing...is there
>a way to speed up the initialization process and get it to dial out faster?
I pass on this one.

HTH

__
   / \\  @      __    __    @   Adolfo Bello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  /  // // /\  / \\  // \  //   Bello Ingenieria S.A. / ICQ: 65910258
 /  \\ // / \\/  // //  / //    cel: +58 416 609-6213
/___//// / <_/\__\\//__/ //     fax: +58 212 952-6797
  www.bisapi.com  //            pager: www.tun-tun.com (# 609-6213)