On Sunday 19 Jan 2003 1:09 pm, Colin McElhatton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that now I'm starting to delve a bit deeper into using this
> extraordinary Linux release however I've encountered a couple of hitches I
> hope someone can help me with.
>
> 1. I am trying to install some RPM packages I downloaded but I am at a loss
> as to how to install them properly. I tried to install a WINE RPM for
> instance and I think I did install it but then I could not find the place
> where Linux installed it. I used the KRPM application from the KDE desktop.
> Any help with this and how to locate installed applications would be
> appreciated.

Sure. The best way is to not use KPackage (KRPM) Instead open your Mandrake
Control Centre>Software Management>InstallSoftware

Next. Downloading RPMS is unnecessary if you configure your Mandrake Software
Manager to be aware of 'RPM sources' Then downloading new apps is real easy.
This post may help you.
http://www.mail-archive.com/newbie@linux-mandrake.com/msg108964.html

derek

--