On Sunday 19 Jan 2003 9:44 pm, Russ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am still not able to use my printer.
>
> I was able to change my update source and have updated all my installed
> packages. However, I don't think it was able to properly fix my printer
> stuff because I'm not sure I had all the proper packages installed to
> begin with.
>
> When I was trying to install my printer I kept getting errors about not
> being able to find server. I did install what I did get though but my
> printer never worked. I was then told how to change my update source and
> did so. I no longer get those errors.
>
> I tried deleting my printer and installing it again but no good. How can
> I uninstall all the printer stuff so it will log onto the update site
> and get it all this time? Or is ther something else I need to do to get
> it working?
>
> I have a Canon S750 USB and the install said Canon BJ-35V driver should
> work. However, as I said above I don't think it has been installed
> properly.
>
> Thanks

Russ

First before uninstalling, are you sure it is not already working? If you try
printing from any KDE application like KWord you will see a drop down list of
available printers. Is yours listed?

To remove all the printer software just open Mandrake Control
Centre>SoftwareManagement>Remove software  enter 'cups' in the search box,
and uninstall the cups RPM which shows up as the serach result.  Uninstalling
just 1 cups rpm will result in the entire cups printing system being
uninstalled.

Then go to the Hardware>Printer section and reinstall your printer again. Be
sure to choose 'cups' as your printing system. It will download all the cups
packages and installthem again. At the end you should be able to print a test
page

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net