Hey Anne,

Thanks for the reply. No, I don't mind an off-list post whatsoever, and welcome it. I read through the attachment you sent, and I was completely baffled by what it had to say. From what I could make of it, I do believe I have what is needed to play DVDs on my laptop (as I can play DVDs using Ogle or VideoLan), just not Xine. From what I've seen, Xine looks to be the best player out there, and I would love to give it a chance, if I could get it working. But alas, perhaps I was never meant to get Xine working. I still welcome any more suggestions to try and help me get over this very big hurdle.

Thanks! :-)

Terry