On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 04:48, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 00:02, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Is GMC available on MDK 9.0 software control centre?
> >

> > As in "Gnome Midnight Commander" ?
> Yep.
>
> It was THE file manager I have got used to after coming from a windows
> environment. Someone commented that it is not in MDK 9.0 and suggested
> nautilus, which I really DON'T like. Asides from the cli version of mc
> could I download and install the one on TUCOWS Linux or can I can kiss a
> useful app goodbye?

Well, I was able to compile and install it whilst running Gnome 1.4+ - I
still have the tarball - I know it's still out there - just have to dig
for it - and I do recall that the "home page" for it was very very plain
and bland - but worked like a charm. Also used it under Enlightenment as
it provided a "desktop" for me to have folders and files - and is
fast...if you can't find it anywhere I'll copy it to a website I got and
point you to the URL...

> P.S. I;m setting my email to stop receiving from the newbie list as I
> currently cannot deal with a full days work at a new job and the list
> after hours at home.

Mate, I don't blame you there - wish I could do that - but my life is
email and support - so it's in my "job desc" to receive several hundred
emails a day...sad but true...

Cheers!

--
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 06:20:00 +1100
  6:20am  up 5 days, 16:03,  5 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.34, 0.30

You know your apartment is small...
        when you can't know its position and velocity at the same time.
        you put your key in the lock and it breaks the window.
        you have to go outside to change your mind.
        you can vacuum the entire place using a single electrical outlet.