On Friday 24 January 2003 06:29 am, Robert Wideman wrote:
> I am seeing a lot of posts of where to find programs.  Yes i personally ask
> occasionally myself but that is b/c i have searched about 50 different
> sites.  The main sites for finding apps i use are search engines and i KNOW
> how to use them.  Only a very few people i know even think of using them.
> As a techie and an advocate of "find it yourself"...coming from a
> technician point of view who technically doesnt know anything just knows
> where to find the answer...use these sites:
> http://www.google.com
> http://rpm.pbone.net
> http://rpmfind.net
>

> Rob

NOw Rob,,, we are "NEWbies" and a bunch of folks too lazy to look at google...
but really, there was some discussion a while ago about how it feels when you
are "lost in the ether" to recieve "STFW-G" or "RTFD", and how we would try
and be as civil as possible about it, and even go so far as to do the search,
and then reply " a search on google for "lost in the ether" came up with
27,000 hits, and the one _I_ personally liked was "http://www.lost_in_the
_ether.info" (note; I don't think that site really works)
I is often pretty hard for someone (that just figured out that the cupholder
keeps breaking when it wants to retract into the box for no reason, and it
spills the coffee each time too) to figure out just which of those 27,000
pages really have some info that might help and are not just selling stuff.