On Tuesday 04 Feb 2003 10:41 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> There's an amazing amount of help out there, and a bewildering
> array of man pages, howto's etc, but they all [the ones I've
> seen so far, anyway] assume you already have a machine up and
> running and you know at least how to start and stop it.
> The first time I managed to get to a command line I thought the
> machine had locked up - there was no "C:\>" with a flashing
> underscore. Just one little example.

Stick with it, Merlin.  We were all so raw for a while.  I know what you mean
about the list - I used to think 'If they ask that here, what's the Expert
list like?'  The point is that no question is too dumb, though you may well
be asked if you've read the archives
(http://www.mail-archive.com/newbie@linux-mandrake.com/).  For a long time I
could not get far enough to have linux up most of the time, and I posted
regularly from windows.  Just stay with us and you'll learn.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302