At 05:41 PM 2/4/2003 +0700, you wrote:
> [...]

I'll pipe in here, as an absolute oober-newbie...
I've been lurking here for a few weeks now, trying to
get up to speed, and considering this is the "newbie"
list, it's all rather daunting. I must say, 99% of the
stuff you guys are talking about goes right over my
head.

Hi Luv

If you wish I can send you some URL's I've found in the last year or so that assume NO Prior knowledge. :)

Heh I was once in your spot dear, and although I learn at an extremely high rate (Many on this list have told me as much so I may as well believe them!), I too had teh problem of "Well... this MAN page says to do x to y & add in abc + f... then you're on your way to having accomplished zilch! Why? Because you now must read 30 How-To's & 10 websites covering the topics/commands you have run into in this MAN document!" Lovely huh?

Heh anyway, email me on or offlist. I'll give you some useful sites to prowl. And if you feel overwhelmed feel free to email me pvtly. I'll be happy to help anyway I can luv.

Yours sincerely,
Heather/Femme
FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert