Paul wrote:

> No, it keeps going.

> No. There is still power on the mainboard led and the leds of the network
> cards.

> Both. Same result.

> Yes and yes.

> No, it is not. I cannot imagine that it does. I can leave the PC off for 2
> hours, which should be enough to cool off most parts. When I switch the PC

> Yes, they both show on LM Sensors (through Gkrellm).

> The drives (2 x 30Gb ata100) came with the system. It is a little over 1.5
> years old now. The drives previously were mounted flat, now they are on the
> side.

> I'd have to try these out sometime. I'll let you know. Thanks for the ideas.

ok.

from your replies, it is now to decide if problems is with mainboard
or if you have a harddrive problem.

with box in normal upright position, put harddrive on it's side.
does system stay up?

> I like this!!!  :-)
glad you enjoyed.

peace out.

tc,hago.

.
--
 think green...
    save a tree, save a life, save time, save bandwidth, save storage.