On Monday January 27 2003 09:14 am, AndrewD wrote:
> I have just downloaded an ISO image for a Linux distribution which
> I want to test on my old PC, do I just burn the ISO onto a CD or do
> I need to do something else with it first?
>
> Thanx

  If you d/l'd the iso with a browser, even if you didn't, make sure
you check the integrity of the d/l'd file with 'md5sum'. You can get
this value from the md5sum txt file from your d/l site. Then,

cdrecord -v -eject speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -dao Linux-distro-filename.iso
                                ^^^
^^^Run 'cdrecord -scanbus' (as root) to check for your dev= numbers.