On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 02:14, AndrewD wrote:
> I have just downloaded an ISO image for a Linux distribution which I
> want to test on my old PC, do I just burn the ISO onto a CD or do I need
> to do something else with it first?
>
> Thanx

Short answer: Just burn.

Microsoft Answer: After checking throroughly through the
end-user-license agreement, and after carefully reading through all of
the documentation concerning this application, make sure you have all
the available patches and upgrades prior to initiating the process of
creating an image of the file in question. Should there be legalities
concerning copying the software, or infringement of intellectual
properties, you can contact the Microsoft Piracy website for further
information concerning this issue. If you are able to find that you can
indeed create a copy of the software without any legal issues or
copyright issues, you are going to either have to use Microsoft Windows
XP or Home edition to burn the ISO image - but will need to download and
install the patch/powertool necessary for the identification of ISO
images directly from the Microsoft Update Centre. Once that has been
secured and you've read through the EULA, install the powertool as you
would any other software, and then reboot your workstation. If you are
not running XP or Home Edition, you will have to secure a program
necessary for burning CDR's. Microsoft can recommend several popular
programs such as Adaptec EZ CD Writer and Nero Burning ROM. These can be
purchased either online or through your local computer supplier.

--
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:20:00 +1100
 10:20am  up 9 min,  4 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.52, 0.25

`Just the place for a Snark!' the Bellman cried,
        As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
        By a finger entwined in his hair.

`Just the place for a Snark!  I have said it twice:
        That alone should encourage the crew.
Just the place for a Snark!  I have said it thrice:
        What I tell you three times is true.'