On Monday 27 Jan 2003 9:01 pm, AndrewD wrote:
> OK I have burnt the CD placed it in the CD Rom of the other computer,
> but it is still loading Linux (the PC currently has mandrake 9) and not
> the CD (and yes the PC does boot the cd first) so my next question is
> how do I now use the CD with the new ISO do I need to make it 'bootable'
> somehow.

The problem comes if you don't have the right setting on your burning program,
so that the iso file is simply copied to disk.  I find k3b to be good in this
situation, as the setting to use is obvious.  Burning the iso properly
entails unpacking and burning the result, as I understand it.  Anyway, the
results are very different from a copied file, and it will be bootable.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302