-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Chris Slater-Walker
Sent: Wednesday, 29 January 2003 4:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Creating & Installing SSL key for HTTPD

I did the same process a while ago and it worked for
me. Only I'm at work right now and I can't access the
details of what I did, because they are on my machine
at home... however, keep reading:

It may be that after "Starting httpd:" apache is
expecting a passphrase for the SSL certificate. You
can then enter that directly yourself or there is a
conf command which can run a script to input the
passphrase (which, again, I can't remember exact
details of.)

When I get home I'll remid myself of how to do it.

Chris Slater-Walker

--- Tim Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, I found where the other keys are kept:
>
> /etc/ssl/apache
>
> I moved my keys into their places, but that doesn't
> work.  It just sits
> and hangs at "Starting httpd:"
>
> Is there something I'm missing, or should I bould
> mod_ssl and apache
> from source to fix this?  Any ideas?
> tdh
>
> --

>  T. Holmes  |  UNIXTECHS.org  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> |  UIN:  17021091

> | I've been trying to create a proper SSL key for
> https instead of the
> | test one that's put in place during the install.
> I found some mod_ssl
> | docs in
> /var/www/html/addon-modules/mod_ssl-2.8.10, but
> something's not
> | quite jiving.
> |
> | If you check out

/var/www/html/addon-modules/mod_ssl-2.8.10/ssl_faq.html

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?