Rifza Adriansyah wrote:

Hi friends,
I bought Microsoft User Group Indonesia magazine (www.mugi.or.id). I think it is a strategy to compete with Linux User Group. But, I am not sure the member of MUGI use microsoft original softwares. In Indonesia, you can buy illegal copies of M$ Windows 2000 Pro just only USD 2. Bill Gates might be crying when he sees his software whose are sold very cheap. Are there Microsoft User Group outside Indonesia ?. Perhaps in Europe or other countries.
There are MS user groups here in Turkey. Like Indonesia, most people here buy Windows and Windows programs on the street for about $3.

There are rumours that the government may try to root out software piracy, which would be good for Open Source. One of my friends (who runs a small hardware company) is about to install OpenOffice because his pirated MS Office is getting too risky to have on his computers.

Sir Robin

--
" Like these cutters, and hackers, who will take the wall of men, and picke quarrells."
- G. Pettie

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi