On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:19:54 +0000
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 31 Jan 2003 1:50 am, John Rye wrote:
>
> > I'm running Mandrake 9.0 on a Soltek SL-KT400-A4/7 Socket A board,
> > Via KT133 series, running an Athlon-XP 1800 with no problems.
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> > For your interest a good test of a mother board is to locate,
> > aquire,steal, borrow or of coarse d/l Knoppix.
>
> Now that's an interesting thought.  No good in this situation, because
> I'll have to buy it before I can test it, but a good idea for checking
> out existing older computers.  Thanks.

I mildly disagree Anne, if the vender needs or wants the sale they will
want to find a way to prove their product does what they advertise.

I guess it is a little more difficult if you purchasing from a remote
source (as I was), but I was able to use a 'return on failure to perform'
promise made by the vendor.

(Do you have any consumer protection legistation you could invoke?)

Cheers

John