At 09:12 PM 2/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:
<snip>

Right now I have an 80 Mb swap partition and have had no problem but I
would like to read more about the technical foundations for the rule of
thumb that you mentioned. Any link or reference will be truly
appreciated.
--
No linky for you. Just something I believe Ed Tharp or Tom posted. IIRC swap that is double the size of you RAM was a necessity only in the days when you had 64 or 128 mg of RAM total in your system. Now that 512 or 256mg is common, its less necessary.

FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert