On Monday 03 Feb 2003 2:35 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  And this model always seems to play niceley with any
> and every ISP. I have seen some brands and models of
> modem work like crap with some ISPs and work well with
> others but never a us robotics sportster. The
> sportster seems to be almost a industry standard along
> with some of the Hayes modems of course.

Marc, I'm no expert when it comes to modems, but I used to have a couple of
these.  They worked well for me over a long period of time, but I did have
one problem that sounds as though it might have some relevance.  When the
first on-line banking was coming into businesses I could not get the USR
Sportster to work for a long time.  It was a matter of those initialise
strings.  I think that perhaps some circumstances are more picky than others,
because the general windows work gave me no problems at all without altering
the strings.

My advice would be to go along to the website, as suggested, but also to ask
Stephen for more help on possible strings.  Good luck.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302