My fourth day of attempting 6.0 installation leaves me speachless.  No i am
not an imbecile, yes I have half a brain.. Most of my time has been spent
browsing HOWTO's FAQ's Man and LINUX Books, Unix Books, you name it and I
have looked.

            The system is
            HP OmniBook 2000 CT laptop
            Pentium 133 MMX
            32meg ram
            2.0 gig hdd

            The dist. is
            Macmillan- Mandrake 6.0

            The problem arises during install, after the packages have been
copied from the CD, Mouseconfig 3.9 attempts to probe the system for a
mouse, the excact message displayed is  "probing result"  "probing found
some type of PS/2 mouse on port psaux"

                It is here that the system freezes. I have spent many hours
search through manuals to try and find a way to work around this.
            My mouse cannot be disabled as it is inbuilt into the laptop.
            There seems to be an "expert install" that allows for the
"system probe" to be avoided, but for the life of me I cannot find a way of
doing this. ...<does nothing>

            ....linuxsupport......

            [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

              We do not know of a way to make it not probe.  You can try to
install in expert mode but I cannot guarantee that it will allow you to skip
the mouse probe.
            :

            Ok then I concede...  I will not install 6.0 ... "What a piece
of crap software"