On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Bob Jackson wrote:
> Aaron Sinclair wrote:

> Eerrrmmmm - have you tried just disconnecting the mouse
> and going ahead with the install. Maybe we can beat the
> mouse thingy to death once you get Mandrake installed.
>
> Bob J.

--Good Point. My CDrom wouldn't work for the install. Linux just wouldn't
see it. What I ended up doing was using my old one for the install, but
once I had Mandrake up and running it recognised the new CDrom.!? I still
don't know why this would be, but I'm willing to accept it for now.  So
maybe, if you took your trusty screw driver out of the closet, opened the
box up and physicaly _removed_ the mouse, you could proceed with the
install and hopefully once you have Man/KDE up and running, try hooking
the mouse back up. As a side note, in my dealings with Linux I have heard
that it isn't the most Laptop friendly system. You might have to settle
with just putting on your old clunker at home.

David P. Greenberg
Bitco Electronics
"In Service to the Recording Industry"
*Confirmed Linux Newbie*
**Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
  Teach him how to fish, and
  he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.