On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 20:59, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On 13 Feb 2003 19:57:52 -0600
> Ryan Moe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > /dev/hde:
> >  IO_support   =  0 (default 16-bit)
> >  Timing buffer-cache reads:   128 MB in  0.61 seconds =209.84 MB/sec
> >  Timing buffered disk reads:  64 MB in  1.37 seconds = 46.72 MB/sec
>
> Your hd read speeds are good so unless your hd is doing something really
> weird when you use your burner the problem is not with you hd.
>
> That puts us back to the cdrw.
> If you use a GUI program, try a different 1 to see if that makes a
> difference.
> Next burn run top/gnome/system monitor/kde-system-guard to see what
> process, if any, is hogging the cpus
> If this is a dual boot system does the drive still burn normally in
> blows.
>
> Get a New cdrw (-: a dvd burner even New drives always work better.
>

>     Charles

When I run Gnome System monitor it shows CPU usage at like 80-90% but
when I look at the processes they all add up to about 15%.  In top it
shows CPU States: User 0.7%  System 75% idle 24%.  It burns cds fine in
windows so I'm confused.  Oh well going 6 minutes w/o using my comp
isn't the end of the world.  Besides with 52X drives for $50 there is no
reason I should still be using a 12X.  Thanks for everyones help

Ryan