On Wednesday 19 February 2003 08:29 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Mudder wrote:
> > Quite possibly the sound that you are hearing is your monitor
> > switching modes.
> > I have heard this sound many times, especially on multi-sync monitors.
> > Maybe I am wrong, but I hear this sound every day when I boot into MDK
> > 9.0
> > and my monitor is 5 years old and has not blown up yet...
> > Anyone else hear this noise?
>
> yes, It's quite normal to hear that on startup and shutdown, but
> I'm getting it randomly during use.
>
> John
have you tried to see if it goes away with a lower resolution? what are you
running at? and what is the type and model of monitor? does it happen just
waitting for the screensaver, or only when you are working with it? what is
the type and model video card.
Sorry about comming into this thread so late and asking a bunch of questions
that you might have already answered and then they got snipped